Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Cute Purse

Cute Purses
If there is one thing in the world I don’t need it is more cute purses. I never use them, and I don’t know why I buy them, but there they are hanging in my closet. They aren’t just in my closet either, they are under my bed and there are a few in one of my dresser drawers. I have some purses that I use all of the time, but I wouldn’t call them cute. They are great, but they are not cute. The cute ones are usually tiny, and something that should be used for a special occasion.
I see cute purses, and I have to have them. Not every one that I see, of course, but I will often get one if I think it’s exceptional. Unfortunately for me, there are a lot of them out there that fall under the category of ‘exceptional’. My husband often rolls his eyes at me when I pick up cute purses, but he knows better than to argue with me. He knows he will lose and I’ll walk out of the store with the purse. I know he’s right, of course, but that never helps when I’m in the store and I see something that I want.
Most of the cute purses that I own are ones that you might take with you when you are dressed up for a night on the town. I don’t often dress up, and I work from home, so there is never really a reason for me to use any of them. I often have it in my mind that I will most definitely use the cute purses that I am buying, but it just never happens that way. I guess I’ve always been somewhat of a tomboy, and when it comes time to go out to dinner I choose nice places to go, but you really don’t have to dress up to go there.
I have finally found some good uses for my cute purses, however, as my daughter has recently discovered the fun of dress up. She loves to put on anything out of the ordinary, and she has used many of my cute purses to play dress up and pretend. It’s not exactly what I had in mind when I bought them, but I am delighted that she likes them, and that they have finally been put to good use, even if I’m not the one using them.

0 Comments: